This is a low-cost, low-key but high-impact vehicle advertising option, even for people who are averse to having marketing messages splashed all over their vehicles.
Total cost is about $300 ($251.65 for Ontario plates + about $10 for internet domain name + about $50 for custom vinyl lettering). The best part is, this mini ad will work 24/7 for many years, and the more you drive your vehicle the harder it will work for you.
This guerrilla marketing tactic consists of 3 components:
- Register a custom license plate that somehow relates to your business. In this example, I’ve registered an Ontario license plate that reads NALUMI, which is the 1st part of the name of my Nalumi Better Business Networking Inc. business. This guerrilla marketing tactic works best if your whole company name can fit on an 8-character maximum allowed in Ontario (other jurisdictions may have different limitations), for example, if your business name is Miralco or Impeco, you should be fine.
- Only register your custom license plate if you can also register a matching .COM or other domain name. In case your business name is longer than 8 characters, for example Daniel Durst State Farm Insurance, you could use DDINSURE and register a .CA (Canadian) domain name. Once you pick a domain name, if it’s not your main domain, set up your new domain to simply forward to your main web site, so in this example Daniel would set up DDINSURE.ca to forward to his DanielDurst.com web site.
- If you were able to register a custom plate and found a matching domain name, the final touch is to add the letters WWW. to the left of your custom car plate and then .COM to the right (if the .COM is taken, you can try a .CA or .BIZ, but ideally you should try to find an available .COM). Simply ask any local signage company to cut these letters for you from reflective vinyl. If your vehicle colour is dark (e.g. red, blue, green, etc.) use white vinyl, if your car’s colour is white or light-coloured, use dark blue (for Ontario plates) or simply match the colour of the letters on your licence plate.
Feel free to use this PDF file to cut letters for an Ontario plate. If your own plates use a different font, or size, please forward a template to me and I will add the file to this blog post, or provide a link to a file in the comment section below.
More Guerrilla Marketing ideas.
Linkedin, the social networking site for business owners and job seekers, recently celebrated a milestone: 200 million users world-wide.
Today I received this email from Linkedin announcing that my profile is in the top 1% most viewed in 2012.
I have been using Linkedin for business for several years, and have found a simple-to-follow formula that I teach to my one-on-one mentoring clients, and also to students who attend my live workshops.
One of the ways to succeed in generating new businesses using Linkedin is to create a winning profile page.
First, start by adding your current position(s). If you’re self-employed don’t use the title of CEO or President, but use a more descriptive phrase, such as “Social Media Marketing Consultant at iBizAcademy.” If your business is incorporated, and you are the president, then describe what you do, for example “President, in charge of Membership and Franchising.”
If you’re an entrepreneur, you likely have several businesses, so list them all as your current positions.
One word of advice: when you’re describing a position use relevant keywords you want to be found for. Do some keyword research using this free tool from Google. Once you receive a number of recommendations don’t change the description of a position. This is because you will have to approach all your contacts to re-confirm their recommendation.
Once you have your current positions listed approach all your most recent clients and ask them for a recommendation.
I can teach you, too, on how to use this social media outlet from lead generation to closing more deals.
- If you’re on a limited budget, you can start with my self-study audio CD and mp3, Linkedin: Social Networking for Professionals.
- Next step would be to attend one of my Linkedin to the Max! workshops.
- Please contact me if you’d like to arrange for one-on-one training sessions with me.
At Home Business Opportunities
Life is full of surprises.
Would you be financially OK if disaster struck and you weren’t able to work?
Ever since this happened to me and my kids when my wife got sick with cancer and perished in 3 short months, I realized I have to share my story and teach my clients the importance of disaster-proofing their income.
I am using the word “income” instead of “business” on purpose, because these two shouldn’t be synonyms.
For most solo professionals and small business owners, their business or profession is typically the only source of income.
This is not recommended!
Passive Income Ideas
That’s why I’d like to show you how to create not just one, but several independent income streams using legitimate work from home opportunities.
There are many money making ideas, but I am particularly fond of affiliate programs and work-at-home business opportunities.
Every Monday evening, 7pm for the next 3 months I will be presenting one proven opportunity to you.
I am happy to announce that the self-made billionaire Edward Mercer will be sharing his insights and tips! You don’t want to miss his training!
This seminar series is FREE to attend.
Please join me and tell your friends.
Monte Carlo Inn, 374 South Service Rd, Oakville, just East of Trafalgar Rd.
During the Toronto Women’s Expo trade show, I will be running a promotion: purchase my best-selling web site design and 1-on-1 coaching package and receive $1,400 worth of VPS hosting for 5 years!
Here’s what you get in the package:
- Blog-based Web Site Design that is mobile-friendly, e-commerce ready, and social media enhanced.
- Email marketing system and newsletter template.
- Five years of super fast VPS hosting provided by Beaver Web Hosting
- After all systems are in place, we will have 7 sessions of my personal, 1-on-1 coaching, for you and up to 2 members of your staff, for a total of 15 hours. I will not only teach you how to maintain your web site, add new content, and how to come up with content ideas for your blog, but also I will teach you almost everything I know about social media marketing, business blogging, search engine optimization (or how to make Google your BFF), email marketing, and a few off-line marketing tactics thrown in for good measure!
- All this for only $499 over 4 months (plus HST).
This deal is good until Dec 15, 2012, so contact me today to sign up and save $1,400 on super-duper fast hosting.
If you’re not interested, why not sign up for your chance to win a free web site?